organic / non-gmo / vegan / gluten free
- small 32 fl oz jar: contains 31 oz @ $0.32/oz
- medium 48 fl oz jar: contains 46.5 oz @ $0.29/oz
- large 64 fl oz jar: contains 62 oz @ $0.27/oz
- jar pricing includes $10.00 for Le Parfait jar of any size
chickpeas are a staple for many, but for those who have not yet rehydrated chickpeas on your own, we are here to evangelize this for you. re-hydrating your own chickpeas is an amazing way to save money, because 1 cup of dried chickpeas = 3 cup of cooked chickpeas. you also have greater control of the consistency of your chickpeas. you get way more bang for the buck if you re-hydrated these protein and fiber-filled babes.
- 1 cup of dried chickpeas = 3 cup of cooked chickpeas.
- rinse your chickpeas well.
- add chickpeas to a large bowl, and soak for at least 10 hours or overnight * add more water than you think you'll need.
- rinse again thoroughly and then add chickpeas to a pot.
- add enough water to cover the chickpeas in an extra inch of water.
- while cooking, check your pot frequently to make sure the chickpeas are consistently covered in water.
- cover the pot and simmer for at least an hour, until they've reached your desired consistency.
- if you have a slow cooker or a pressure cooker, this link is for you.
recipes using this product:
- allrecipes, super easy hummus
- grace pascale nutrition, healthy baked falafel
- simple veganista- chickpea of the sea, "tuna" sandwich
- veggiekins, chocolate chip chickpea blondies