brown basmati rice
organic / non-gmo / vegan / gluten free / kosher
- small 32 fl oz jar: contains 32 oz @ $0.28/oz
- medium 48 fl oz jar: contains 48 oz @ $0.25/oz
- large 64 fl oz jar: contains 64 oz @ $0.23/oz
- jar pricing includes $10.00 for Le Parfait jar of any size
this long-grain, light, fluffy, and aromatic rice is a staple around the world, and is packed with whole grain goodness. it cooks with the fragrance of indian basmati, cooking to a fluffy, drier texture. the seeds for this organic, california-grown rice originated from india’s prized basmati seed. Lundberg takes strides to ensure land stewardship by practicing water-conserving irrigation, using crop rotation practices that utilize nitrogen-fixing crop for natural soil enrichment, purchasing green power for handling and processing facilities, avoiding genetically modified rice varieties, and providing habitat for a variety of animals on their fields.
- combine 1 part rice, 2 parts water and (optional) oil or butter.
- bring to a boil, and stir once. cover with lid and reduce to simmer and cook for 50 minutes, or until all water is evaporated.
- remove from heat, and let sit in covered pot for 10 minutes.
- fluff with fork and enjoy :)